Friday 7 November 2008

7/11/08: Unexpected

I am a big user on Freecycle in my area. Frequently I see Wanted requests for things that I know I can help with so I'll drop them a line and make my offer. Sometimes they have received what they want and sometimes not. However, I love that inner feeling of knowing that I am helping in some way, decluttering my home (and lets face it, we're all gonna cheer for one less thing to dust or put away eh?!). A few weeks ago I answered a request from a Mum who was looking for some craft stuff for her young daughter just starting out. Being the craft stash hoarder that I am and believing in scrapbooking/crafts as much as I do towards quality of life I quickly made my offer. A few days later I met the young lady who was so grateful for what I had put together. I felt so blessed to make a little girl happy!
Thats not the end of it! Here I was last weekend just sat at my desk, stressing over my Christmas Calendar Project (which is seriously late at being uploaded to my site!) my daughter came in and presented me with this:

A little thank you gift that came through my door from the little girl who was so grateful for what I gave her. I know this family are relatively local but I also know they came out here especially to drop this off to me (her Mum had written me a note too) and to me that is just priceless. To go out of your way for something, for someone, even way after the event is so serving and generous. What strikes me though is the desire of this girls heart and the kind of parents she has. The heart and tag are sitting proudly on my desk, I look at it regularly and remember this girl, just a little younger than Kirsten but she was so, so grateful for the shoe box of goodies. Yet I wouldn't have used them, not really. This deserved a mention today, cos today my son (19) has gone out of his way for someone just because he knew it was the right thing to do. Pride is not always a bad thing!! :)

Debs

2 comments:

julietk said...

Thats lovely so nice to know your efforts are appreciated JulietK
http://www.julietkbears.blogspot.com/

tiki_lady said...

there is something grand in expressing one's appreciation. To go beyond the step of THANK YOU a hand written card and not an email. A small token to say it meant so much. IS PRICELESS! Gratitude is on a down slide. Why are people not being taught these things or doing this? We all are busy but we all know how we feel when something or someone has gone out of their way to express gratitude.

 
Dear Diary Blogger Template