Saturday 8 November 2008

08/11/08: Something Simple

Late again but thats ok, I have too many moments to want to rush through them. I feel like I am looking through different eyes, at things I forgot to see, right there in front of me and its a wonderful feeling.
Yesterdays moment that I want to share is one with Lucas, a cute little 7 year old family member. Lucas is full of life, mentally and physically active and just an all round fun loving little man. We got on from the first time we met (which sadly was only a few months ago). This weekend he is here with us, and while chilling out in my dining/craft room his magpie eyes found my fineliner pens, being himself he began another talkathon but while he gave me this very flambouyant talk on how cool they are in comparison to gel pens he leaned against me, put his arm round my neck and talked right into my eyes.
Do you know what that does to a person, having a child look directly at you, talking to you, sharing their thoughts, opinions and likes, knowing you are going to listen to them? It makes me melt each time. Upstairs was chaos as we were trying to put some bunk beds up and cook a traditional english breakfast (at 12pm!!) but this few minutes was unrushed, unexpected and totally priceless. Kids rock!!



What moments have you had? No moment is too small if it reminds you how special you are, tells someone how important they are or simply makes you stop for the moment to be thankful for what is around you.

Debs

1 comment:

tiki_lady said...

what a beautiful moment you have had!

 
Dear Diary Blogger Template